2021 Caddie Confidential series archive
Throughout 2021, The Caddie Network will be running a monthly series called, “Caddie Confidential,” where we will survey dozens of caddies on the PGA Tour to tackle hot-button issues in golf with everything from a Tour with and without fans to gambling and a whole lot more. In these monthly surveys, we allow the caddies to answer anonymously in an effort to draw out their most honest responses.
Have you missed any of our series? Here’s a chronological look at the topics we’ve already covered:
JANUARY 2021: A PGA Tour with — and without — fans
- The best (and worst) of PGA Tour events without galleries
- Surprising, funny and strange observations from fan-less Tour events
- Did your PGA Tour pro fare better or worse without fans?
FEBRUARY 2021: Insights from caddies for and against gambling on the PGA Tour
- In what ways could widespread golf gambling make things different for you or your player?
- Is fan behavior related to wagers for or against players a concern?
- Is more betting on professional golf good or bad?
MARCH 2021: Cheating on the PGA Tour
- Is cheating really an issue on the PGA Tour?
- Pro loopers on the one rule Tour players are most likely to ‘fudge’
- How many pro golfers actually cheat – and how to fix it
APRIL 2021: All things The Masters Tournament
- Should the biggest events in golf be played at all if there are no fans on the property?
- The best Masters tradition is…
- Is the Masters overrated?
MAY 2021: Slow play on the PGA Tour
- Is pace of play an issue on the PGA Tour?
- If you could make one change to speed up round, what would it be?
- Stories on pace of play that made a caddie laugh, or made their blood boil
JUNE 2021: The issue (or not) of distance on the PGA Tour
- Would distance rollbacks on the PGA Tour hurt golf?
- Is Bryson DeChambeau to blame for recent distance rollback talk?
JULY 2021: Player feuds in golf
- Are caddies for or against player feuds?
- We have to ask: Are you #TeamBryson, #TeamBrooks or neither?
- The best golf feud stories
AUGUST 2021: Player/caddie relationships and firings
- Hilarious and cringe-worthy stories of being fired – or quitting
- What’s the player/caddie breakup that surprised you the most?
- How do Tour caddies let players know they’re available?
SEPTEMBER 2021: All things Ryder Cup
- Caddie predictions for the Ryder Cup at Whistling Straits
- Why has Europe dominated Ryder Cup in recent years?
- Caddies share favorite Ryder Cup moments
OCTOBER 2021: Surprises, best major, end of season awards
- Which player surprised you the most in the 2020-21 PGA TOUR season and why?
- Did players get the PGA Tour Player of the Year vote right?
- Which major did you think was the best of the year and why?
- My 2021 PGA Tour Caddie of the Year Award winner would be…
NOVEMBER 2021: Highlights, lowlights, overrated and underrated