The Caddie Line: 2018 John Deere Classic
Trying to fill out your fantasy line up, or place some bets on this week’s John Deere Classic on the PGA Tour?
Each Wednesday on The Caddie Network, three of our caddies will make their respective picks for each PGA Tour event. These are the guys with a front-row seat to the best players in the world week in and week out. Who better to glean insight from on which players to pick?
To protect their identity, the caddies will submit their five picks anonymously.
Let’s take a look at the caddie picks for this week, along with the reasons why:
- Zach Johnson, “Because he’s a Deere Run course specialist. Great record at the course, including a win and a playoff loss.”
- Steve Stricker, “He might be 51, but he’s another course specialist with three wins at Deere Run.
- Bryson DeChambeau, “Simply put, he’s the defending champ.”
- Joaquin Niemann, “He’s in form. Three top 10s in his last five starts.”
- Brian Gay, “He’s also in form. Seven consecutive cuts made and a T8 at the Quicken Loans National.”
- Kyle Stanley, “He’s performed well here before. A runner up in 2011 and a bunch of top 20s.”
- Harold Varner III, “Good form as of late. Had his best finish of the year (T5) last week at Greenbrier.”
- Steve Stricker, “He is the John Deere.”
- Bryson DeChambeau, “Even without his protractor. Bryson’s playing great and he’s the defending champ.”
- Zach Johnson, “Just because. This is his fifth major.”
- Chez Reavie, “He’s had some great starts this season.”
- Bryson DeChambeau, “He’s playing great and knows how to score.”
- Zach Johnson, “He’s a past champion and always seems to play well here.”
- Kevin Streelman, “He’s a solid player and this is the type of course he can play great on.”
- Robert Streb, “He’s due for a good week. A great sleeper pick.”