Inside Brookline: Caddies Preview The 122nd U.S. Open Course At The Country Club
The Caddie Network’s John Rathouz catches up with two veteran caddies to preview the 122nd U.S. Open at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass.
John “T-Bone” Crowley has been a caddie at The Country Club for 58 years; and Tommy McCusker has been a caddie there for 17 years. Together with Rathouz, and while puffing on cigars in the Brookline caddie room, they discuss the following topics ahead of the 122nd U.S. Open:
- Caddying for tour pros ahead of the U.S. Open and what advice they’re giving them
- An on-course preview of some of the course’s signature holes and how to play them
- Two important keys to playing well: finding the fairway and keeping the ball short on the approach
- Why playing conservative—especially when considering going for the pin—will be the smart play
- What a good score will be and why the pros should be comfortable playing for par