In this week’s Under The Strap golf podcast, The Caddie Network’s John Rathouz is joined by veteran PGA Tour caddie Billy Foster for 2022 U.S. Open week at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass.
Foster is currently the caddie for No. 15-ranked Matthew Fitzpatrick, who won the 2013 U.S. Amateur in Brookline. Foster has caddied for 40 years and has been on the bag for Seve Ballesteros, Darren Clarke, Lee Westwood, Sergio Garcia and Tiger Woods. Foster is revered in golf circles, is a great storyteller and is considered to be on the Mount Rushmore for caddies.
UNDER THE STRAP PODCAST ARCHIVE: Miss an episode? Click here to catch up
Foster and Rathouz cover the following topics in the 47-minute conversation:
- Matthew Fitzpatrick’s cackhanded chipping style
- How Foster ranks his golfers on the “Scale Of Psychopaths”
- How honesty has got Foster a lot of jobs, and lost him some too
- The final straw between Ballesteros and Foster at the Masters
- How Foster got Tiger out of a bad situation at the Ryder Cup
- Foster’s favorite memory as a caddie and the best caddie he’s even seen
- Previewing the U.S. Open and also next month’s Open Championship at St. Andrew’s
You can listen to the Under The Strap podcast — or watch — in the players above.
All of The Caddie Network podcasts are also available on Apple Podcast, Google, Stitcher and Spotify, as well. Just search: “Caddie Network.”